The first steps of this course focus on swara, laya and simple combinations. Equivalent: Sangeet Parichay of ABGMV (Akhil Bharatiya Gandharva Maha Vidyalaya- Hindustani)
Student learn creative combinations of swaras and laya, simple compositions. Equivalent: Prarambhik of ABGMV, important ragas, rare ragas, singing at various paces (kaal). Equivalent: Praveshika Poorna of ABGMV, in-depth raga studies, break-through concepts in improvisation, more composition forms. Equivalent: Madhyama Pratham of ABGMV
Students learn the use of complex talas, exploring concert standards, relationship between tune and lyrics. Equivalent: Visharad Pratham of ABGMV, Raga development, comparative studies, sur sadhana, Pallavis, concert singing. Equivalent: Visharad Dwitiya, or BA of ABGMV as well as electives in advanced topics in Indian Classical Music. Equivalent: Masters Program in Delhi University, Madras University etc.
Class time: Saturdays: 5 pm for Level 1 | 2 pm for Level 2
Course duration: 12 weeks
Price: Rs 9,000/- plus one time registration fee of Rs 500/-.
Adults: Saturdays at 6.30 pm | Kids: Saturdays at 2 pm
To enrol for this course, kindly visit The Shankar Mahadevan Academy website.
- A highly structured curriculum which provides a clear path for progression
- Clear milestones that define what you can hope to achieve on completion of each course
- Flexibility to join at any level based on prior learning, subject to evaluation of pre-requisites
- Live classes with highly experienced and trained teachers
- Engaging multimedia learning content and practice tools in the form of On line Music Book(OMBook) for every course
- Separate batches for kids & adults
- One hour class every week for 12 weeks.
- Separate batches according to the students level.
- Learning beyond the class hours. You can practice and re-enforce your learning anytime anywhere using OMBook, a unique self-learning tool
- You will get a grade and certificate at the end of course.